home about me recipes morsels

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, America!

I hope you all had a wonderful July 4th holiday.  I really wish that I had taken some more time off of work because having a day off was definitely too good to be true.

Carl and I spent our day yesterday doing miscellaneous odds and ends around the house.  We also made sure we got a few naps, good food and games in as well.

Here is a little recap of our mini fourth of July celebration.


Wilmington Fireworks with Amanda and Tim! 
Pic courtesy of my BIL @beingboston

Lots of snuggles with my favorite little firecracker


Blockus Domination - even Carl's good luck charm couldn't help him!

But he redeemed himself winning three games in a row of ladderball.
Appropriately festive, eh?

Land of the free and home of the brave.
A true test of burger bravery - homemade Adirondack burgers. DELISH!
All in all it was a perfect low-key day!

Thank You to all who have served and continue to serve our great country.  It is because of you that our independence and freedom is maintained and honored.
God bless you all and God bless America!!

What did you do to celebrate America's birthday?

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I was concentrating sooo hard yet I'm sure I was about to make another bad move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the firework picture! I played a ton of backyard games and ate my body weight in popsicles because of getting my wisdom teeth out lol. Hope you had a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my idea of a perfect day :')

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...